Finally Mars is out! I went there to test some stuff and kill the martian boss, a 3-headed giant creeper that shoots TNT.
Lots of sludge, bacteria, obnoxious zombies and darkness in the red planet.
This is not an actual gameplay. It's a playtest. The goal was to test the new features of Galacticraft: Mars release. I used creative mode a few times to gather the material I needed, to gear up or move around and then switch back to survival mode to take the real risk. It saved me a lot of time.
Long story short:
After landing and climbed up a mountain, I started testing the terraformer and a few things. Then I headed to the closest dungeon to fight the boss and get the treasure with schematics for a more advanced rocket.
The 1st Dungeon was broken. It didn't have the boss room. I thought the big cave was the boss room and I had to collect the egg in the middle. I spend almost a hour trying to find the boos room. Those caves extend forever.
Then I found the 2nd dungeon. In the end, after fighting armies of mobs, the way to the boss room was blocked. I opened it. I have never seen that boss before. After 6 or 7 minutes struggling, I managed to defeat it. Got the treasure key.
There are tons of things I'd like to talk about. If you want to see more about it.
Discussion topic: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/mars-and-dungeon-boss-playtest.2165/
Among other things, this video features:
- Tier-2 Rocket.
- New planet: Mars with its own terrain generation, new ores and blocks. Day-night cycle of 20 minutes. Make your shelter to put yourself safe before the sunset.
- Terraformer: a machine that converts martian soil into cultivable soil. Needs buckets of water, saplings, seeds, bone meal and electricity.
- Slimeling, a pet-utility mob that can transport items (like a mule) and protect the owner like a wolf. It eats anything. Don't forget to feed it to make it stronger and bigger.
- Sludge flooded caves with poisonous vines and sludgelings, macro-bacteria that attack players and hostile mobs.
- Mars dungeon: like the Moon dungeon, dark, full of hostile mobs all the way long.
- Evolved Creeper boss: a 3-headed giant creeper that shoots TNTs at the player.
And lots of items not shown in the video, like cryogenic chamber, new glass panes, new weapons and armoring.
Mods and APIs used:
- Forge 804
- Galacticraft 642 and 647 (with Planets and Micdoodle8 Core)
- Rei's minimap v3.4_01
- ShoulderSurfing v1.5.1
- Magic Launcher
0:03 - "The Most Beautiful Day" by Professor Kliq (license CC BY-SA)
3:12 - "One Sly Move" by Kevin MacLeod (license CC-BY)
5:54 - "Enter the Maze" same
8:48 - "Satiate Percussion" same
12:05 - "Interloper" same
15:36 - "Steel and Seething" same
20:06 - "Wire & Flashing Lights" by Professor Kliq (license CC BY-SA)
Links and Credits:
* Galacticraft by Micdoodle8 et al: http://www.micdoodle8.com/
* Rei's minmap by ReiFNSK: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-162-
* ShoulderSurfing by Sabar: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1619637-
* Professor Kliq: http://www.professorkliq.com/
* Kevin MacLeod: http://incompetech.com
Support the developers and artists by visiting their sites and consider making a donation.
"Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, people built structures to protect against nocturnal monsters, but as the game grew players worked together to create wonderful, imaginative things."
Purchase the game here: http://minecraft.net/
Please, SUBSCRIBE to be notified about new videos. My new site: http://ezerarch.com.